Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lovlies

Last weekend I happened to walk by the donate bag in the hallway. We don't always have a donate bag going but if we do, items often end up in there. Or, one is started if any person sees fit to donate an item. Anyway, I walked by the donate bag and saw a pair of shoes my SD had placed there. I had noticed them in her bedroom the previous week. Not certain where she got them as I have never seen them before. I suspect my MIL.

The shoes caught my eye because it's typically something my SD does not wear. She's more of a Chuck Taylor kind of gal. They are Japanese style shoes you often see made of canvass but these are black brocade with red flowers on them.
SD placed them in the donate bag because they are too small. They fit me perfectly. I went to Joann Fabrics yesterday to get some fabric to make capri pants and a top to go with these new shoes.

The black linen will be the capri's and top and I will make a cuff for both (legs and arms) out of the brocade. It was 60% off too!



While browsing in the same isle I happened to notice sari fabrics also 60% off. I have been planning for a while to purchase a bunch of colorful fabric (weather through yard sales, thrift shops or sales in general) and just couldn't resist. There were so many colors to choose from so I bought two yards each of six different colors. There will be some sewing in my future!


As a side note to my last post; I was chatting with my friend today on our walk (we go walking every Sunday morning at the ungodly hour of 7:00 am) and she suggested it sounded like I really want to do paper crafts but not keep 12 x 12 scrapbooks, or make pages for my sisters kids scrapbooks. That pretty much nails it on the head.

No comments: