Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quilt Top Finished & It Snowed!

Yesterday I did a marathon sewing day while watching all three Lord of the Rings movies - extended versions. Good news I finished the quilt top for my brother in the beginning of the third movie.

I don't have a photo yet cause it's so big I just can't get a good picture. I hope to post one soon though. Now all I need is flannel for the back. I am only going to quilt it by stitching x's in the orange squares. That will hold the two pieces together in places all over. The back piece of flannel will also be the border for the front.

It snowed yesterday as well and when I got up at o dark thirty to go walking this morning I discovered at least four inches on my car.


I noticed the other day there are still blooms on my hollyhocks from last summer. Here they are in the snow.

I hope for more and could do without the ice. If it sticks around I will probably be working from home tomorrow. We are going to get our tree up and decorated today and we are doing a Harry Potter marathon.

Sadly I have not decorated much for Christmas. This year it will be the basics but all next year I will be gearing up for decorating my house for Christmas come December 1st!

1 comment:

Roland Hulme said...

Hiya Paisley!

You have won a competition on my blog - you might not even realize you entered it! If you could email me your address, I'll send you your prize!

It's glossy, so if nothing else it'll make an excellent coaster!