Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Lights

In Seattle we have some really great Christmas light displays and some not so great. Last night the hubs and I stopped at various places to take some photos. There are two neighborhoods in North Seattle that go all out and decorate. They both have food donation stations and give out candy canes.

The house below decorates in red and white lights every year. They are right at the entrance to the neighborhood. If you are in the north Seattle area of Mount Lake Terrace this neighborhood is just east of 44th off of 228th.

This house has a somewhat tropical flair to it. Palm trees in the winter? Why not?

Sorry for the blurriness of some of these photos. I tried my best. Below is a mailbox that I thought was too cute.

This neighborhood has a bunch of houses with these large blow up characters that have become popular over the last several years. I am not a big fan but here is a favorite Christmas cartoon character.


The next neighborhood is further east down 228th. This neighborhood I think inspired the first one as they have been at it a little longer. All of the houses have these great signs in front of them.

The house with these penguins have a ton of individual lit up animals and characters.

There are a few houses near my place that are a little over the top. If you are quiet enough you can actually hear the electricity. The first one I call the Purple House cause they actually have two tones of purple paint on their house.

There were so many lights I could not get them in to one photo. If you live near the King/Snohomish county line this house is just west of highway 99 on 205th.

This other house is near the Purple House and we drive by it every night on the way home from work. It's off Freemont just south of 205th.

Again, so many lights I had to take two photos. They even have a Christmas countdown clock in their window.

This house is another we drive by every night. Another house with a ton of Christmas lights.

Downtown Edmonds (my town) fountain decorated but missing it's Christmas tree.

This weekend the hubs and I plan to go to Candy Cane Lane in the U District as well as a couple other well known displays. Photos to come soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! I haven't noticed too many houses in our area with decorations up yet. It has been years since I've been to Candy Cane Lane. I used to go all the time as a kid!