Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Year Update

My "new year" so far seems to be going pretty well in two of the three focus areas (finances, spirit & health).

In the world of finance hubby and I are sticking to our budget in areas we normally go over. In the past Starbucks coffee and eating out have been our downfall. We are making our coffee and bringing it to work and the eating out thing went well last weekend - we just didn't. We are a little over in the fun money department due to a miscalculation. Focusing on these areas is a bit new for us so there is bound to be a few bumps in the road. As soon as hubby get's paid Friday the fun money account will be replenished. We are kicking but in the debt repayment department though. I will give a full update at the end of the month.

As I have alluded to in the past and don't normally talk about, my hubby and I are not speaking to my in laws. This is due to my MIL and her serious NPD problem. Hubby and I have been seeing a therapist to assit with the issues we have with her. She had finally agreed to go see him at the beginning of July but had not called him at all. Last night at our appointment I about fell out of my chair when our therapist told us my MIL had indeed called him and they were playing phone tag. I truly hope we can reconcile but I am somewhat guarded as normally people like her don't think they have a problem. This may seem a little extreme but believe me, if you had been through what I have been through you would understand.

In an effort to eat better and lose a few pounds I am following a "whole foods" diet. My goal is to have protein, veggies/fruit, fiber and a small amount of "good" fat in each meal. By shopping the perimeter of the store I feel I can stay away from processed foods as much as possible and when I feel the need for starches, limit them to a small side amount. I still enjoy my homemade iced coffee in the morning but am trying to get the majority of my fluids with water. Exercise has not been as much as I had intended. Tomorrow we plan to take the dog to the dog park and go walking. It's getting darker earlier so that limits the amount of time we have outside. There is always the elliptical trainer in my living room. Yesterday I even did 50 wall push ups!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

No comments: