Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Garden Update

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am looking for ideas for a couple planting beds at my condo complex. There is a courtyard near my office that has a wonderful dry creek bed look with evergreen plants. Its really peaceful and seems to be pretty low maintenance. It's got a really "Northwest" look to it too.


One of the beds is oval and large enough to accommodate the dry creek bed, a low ground cover, grasses, ferns and pachysandra which already exists on the property in the "moat".


I think we could add some other flowering plants to have some color spring through fall like this pink Aubrieta below.


I think if I try to incorporate this look with some flowering rock loving flowers and plants with some color or pattern to the leaves like hosta or coleus then I think it would be a success.

1 comment: