Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Virtual Clutter

This last Saturday when I had the house all to my self I did something I have been meaning to do for a while. The reason I have not done it is because it was never on a "to do" list and it's not visually cluttering up personal space in my home.

I'm talking about virtual clutter. You know what that is. Bookmarks of websites saved with no rhyme, reason or system of organization in place. Multiple folders that serve the same purpose. Desktop icons you never have used or never use anymore. Our home computer has five logins for our five family members. Everyone has their own drive to store personal information, bookmarks, etc. We also have a shared folder where any of us can access. I have discovered I have folders in my personal drive that have the same information as a shared drive.

So, Saturday I spent some time organizing my and some shared folders, photos and bookmarks. It's nice to get on the computer and go directly to what I need. Mind you I don't have it all done. I am seriously trying to curb my perfectionist tendency of not doing anything because I don't have the time to do it all right now the first time. A little bit over the course of a week and it will be done.

***Staple Update***

I went to the doctor today and they took out one of the staples but were not completely satisfied in the healing process. They want me to go back on Thursday to finish getting them out. They itch like crazy but they tell me that is a sign of healing. Ahhhh - I want to scratch my head so bad!

No comments: