Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy June

I can't believe June is here and the year is almost half over! I endeavor to do a post a day this month.

Over the long weekend I was able to finally get my master bedroom cleared out. That is the room where items go to die. Or at least go until I can find a place for them. I don't know if I have mentioned before but storage options in our little 900 square foot condo are extremely limited.

It's not totally decluttered. There are things living under the bed and the closet could use a good clearing out too. I have a couple items that currently do not have homes sitting in the corner of the bedroom. At least they are no longer preventing me from getting in to bed and have piles of stuff on top of them. They will stay there until I find a permanent home for them.

I'm pretty excited about this declutter project. Mainly because it doesn't cost any money. I am down to the areas of the house you don't see. Closets, storage off the patio and yes under the bed. The kids room needs a major clearing out. It is at the end of a hallway and I like to keep the door open to let in the natural light. When I leave the door open I see all their crap and it stresses me out. For two teemagers who only live with us two days three weekends a month they have an enormous amount of crap!

I have a list I have made of areas I need to declutter, what purpose I want them to serve after I am done and what items need permanent homes. That way as I am clearing areas out I can think about areas where items can live permanently.
  • Under master bed
  • Master closet
  • Hall linen closet
  • Hall pantry
  • Hall laundry closet
  • Hall - bins in shelving
  • Patio storage
My goal for June is to get this declutter project completed. This may be a pretty lofty goal but I am willing to give it a try. I know that the hidden clutter in my home prevents me from allowing myself down time activities I enjoy such as knitting, gardening and sewing.

Here is to a productive June!

No comments: