Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Polyvore

For all you creative types out there I have re discovered a fun way to create colages for fashion and decorating. Click on over to Polyvore and create something of your own (please note the photo below is not my own creation).


The great thing about Polyvore is you can be directed to sites for the items in the photos and buy them yourselves. Don't you hate it when you see something on TV or in a movie or in a magazine and want to know where to get it and can't find it? It's also a great way to discover new products and designers. I love the boots in the photo above and now know where to get them. They are not available at the moment but I will keep looking!
I have been surfing the net in the wee hours of the morning trying to find inspiration for a Steampunk outfit for myself. Tomorrow is the second of two photo shoots with my Steampunk group the Seattle Steamrats. I had intended to make an outfit but I ran out of time due to lots of hours at work in the last two weeks and other factors.

I honestly want to participate and am determined to go out today in search of a few acoutrements to get a passable outfit by tomorrow. I might have to borrow my husbands Rocketeer style leather jacket. If need be I have pants and shoes that can be worn "in a pinch" so its really all about the acoutrements.

The hubs went to the Goodwill a few weeks ago and found this GRAT lamp part that I want incorporated in to a raygun. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love Polyvore! And I didn't know you were into Steampunk? That's sweet; good luck on your photo school tomorrow. Let us know what you decided to wear to it. :)