Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

February came and went really quickly. Too quickly. Quite honestly, I don't know where it went. I was really sick a couple weeks ago and still have the lingering cough. We have really not been focusing on alternate streams of income right now.

I did snowflake this month and as of this morning we have snowflaked $60.42. Once the hubs gets home from picking up our new engine for the Subie I will be able to add to that. Plus anything I don't spend at the grocery store from the rest of my $92.78 budget.

I also completed one thing on my 101 things list. I found the perfect recipe for red velvet cake. I actually made cupcakes for Valentines day with cream cheese icing and they were delish!

Goals for February

Finances
Reduce debt by $1318.71 - actual $944 (due to unforseen expenses)
Pay off two store credit cards - paid minimums (due to unforseen expenses)
Keep eating out at $50 - actual $223.75
Increase coffee budget to $80 - actual $131.23
Try $400 grocery budget ($100 per week) - actual $307.22 but I still have shopping for today

Health
Take BJ to the dog park every Saturday - check 3 of 4 due to sickness
Continue to walk every Sunday - check 3 of 4 due to sickness
Elliptical once per week for twenty minutes - did this once - fail
Wii fit twice per week for twenty minutes - did 6 days - fail
Drink eight glasses of water per day - epic fail

Hand Crafting
Finish SD tabi socks - fail
Finish SS fingerless gloves - fail
Finish headband - fail

Decluttering and Condo projects
Find home or donate stuff behind couch - found homes for a lot in my bedroom - fail
Find home or donate stuff along wall in master bedroom - added to it - fail

So, March something needs to turn around in several areas. Last week I actually had a great week. I worked out on the Wii four days, we took the dog to the dog park, I went walking with my friend and the hubs and I took the dog down to the pier for walking and I lost a little over 2 pounds. Not to mention the fact that I only watched the TV shows I actually like and kept my TV watching down to eight hours for the entire week. That is a significant difference. This past week we had a lot of after work commitments that prevented us from being able to keep on track.

I have discovered the Wii fit is just what I have been looking for. I feel like I get a workout and I don't get bored because I can jump from Yoga to running to strength training to step aerobics to boxing. I can do all those things for between one and five mintes a piece. In fact, you can track anything you do outside of the Wii fit on it. This makes doing something every day EASY!

March Goals

Finances
Reduce debt by $1000.00
Purchase two new tires for the hubs BMW
Keep eating out at $100
Keep coffee budget at $80
Keep grocery budget at $400
Save $200

Health
Take BJ to the dog park every weekend
Continue to walk every Sunday
Walk at the pier with the hubs every Thursday
Do a combination of Wii fit and elliptical three days a week
Keep TV viewing during the work week to 8 hours
Keep computer time during the work week to 5 hours
Drink eight glasses of water per day

Hand Crafting
Work on and possibly finish one or more of the following
  • SD tabi socks
  • SS fingerless gloves
  • Lady E
  • Headband
Decluttering and Condo projects
Find home or donate stuff behind couch
Find home or donate stuff along wall in master bedroom
Buy and install new master bedroom door

101 Things
Complete my 101 things to do in 1001 days list
Cross off two of those items

Here's to a new month!

2 comments:

Welcome to DeluxeVille said...

I'm gonna have to get myself one of those WII fits, they sound like fun!

I love when one month ends and another begins...it's like a fresh start!

paisley penguin said...

They are fun. The hubs is doing Yoga right now. :)