Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Drop Kick Murphy's

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I have been super busy. Monday night the hubs and I went to see a band we really like called the Drop Kick Murphey's. To best describe them I would have to say celtic punk? They even have a bagpipe player.

We saw the show at a local club called the Showbox at their SODO location. The interior of the club is industrial with huge garage doors that seperate the lounge area (where we ate) from the stage and show area below. We got there early to have dinner and found parking right out front thankyouverymuch. They have a full bar and burger/pizza dinner menu.

The two bands that opened for DKM were pretty good but we stayed in the bar area and had a few beers. The hubs thought about wearing his kilt and surprisingly there were only three kilt wearers there that night. One in an actual kilt and Boston baseball jersey. Two others wearing utilikilts.

The hubs and I were able to get right up front and to the side of the stage so we couldn't see everything. It was still a great show and I was even asked if I wanted to go on stage when they let a bunch of gals up there. I am not really in to that kind of attention but I suppose it would have been fun.

Our camera was having a hard time taking great photos due to the changing lighting during the show. Even as close as we were the shots still look like we were further away than we were. There was a lot of moshing and body passing in the center of the crowd towards the stage.

There was a wide variety of people there of all ages. The majority of people there were pierced and tattoed.

I think this shirt pretty much sums up the night for some people. We had a great time and I would so go see them again. Next up (if we can get tickets) is another punk band, Pennywise in April. I am definately on a punk kick but my range of music is REALLY varied. I like Frank Sinatra, The Pupini Sisters, Dave Matthews Band, Evenesence, Diana Krall, Rob Zombie, Ella Fitzgerald, The Killers, Duran Duran, etc.

2 comments:

Betty Boogie said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Glad you got out and did something fun!

Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

OMG, I am so jealous! I love love the Dropkick Murphys. I wish I'd known they were here...:-(.