Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can

Today was the inauguration of our 44th President. Never before have I been so involved and interested in the political side of the presidential race as this year.


When I was a senior in high school the first President Bush was sworn in to office and I was there. My high school marching band was selected to represent the state of Washington in the inauguration parade. My husband and sister were in the bag pipe band and I was in the color guard (flag corp). I remember how darn cold it was and what an amazing experience it was to be a part of something so much bigger than myself.


I watched the inauguration today at work and I have a real hope for change to come. The white house has revised it's official website and I encourage you to go there and check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!
And great pics too!
I'm a happy Canadian neighbour and so glad that there's is once again so much hope!

Unknown said...

Hi,
My name is Caren.

I find your site http://paisleypenguin.blogspot.com/
and the selection of resources there very interesting.
I have a good credit card website that contains much useful information for your readers. There's a fine set of articles that reveal all pros and cons of credit cards, give tips how to avoid credit card debt and establish good credit with minimum efforts. During the current financial crisis this can't but attract more visitors to your site.

If it agrees with your policy, I would like to place some links to my website at your site.

Please let me know if you are interested via email caren@acclaimnetwork.com
Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Caren.