Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Resolutions

I know we still have a few weeks before the start of the new year and the traditional resolution experience.

This year went by way to fast and the last couple months have been a blur. I am completely worn out due to being overworked (and yes underpaid) along with biting off more than I can chew with sewing two complete outfits for the hubs and I in under two weeks. Oh yeah, and dealing with getting custody of the hubs kids.

So, needless to say I have not been taking good care of myself. My weight loss plan went out the window and its rare that I get more than six hours of sleep.

My only resolution for the new year is to put myself first. To take better care of myself. That is a simple statement but oh so loaded with possibilities.

Taking care of myself means getting regular exercise, eating healthy food, making personal time for myself, learning to say no, figuring out what I really want out of life and instead of putting things off - living in the now.


In the spirit of this new "resolution" I am hopping off the computer and going to spend at least one hour working on getting my corset for the Steampunk Ball this Saturday. It may not turn out like I had planed and I do have a contingency plan.

No comments: