Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Glorious Yarn for Lady E

I have been wanting to make a Lady E for a few months now. I have not been knitting for a long time but have been sewing for 20 + years. Most of my knitting projects consist of socks and gloves. I have yet to make a sweater which I really want to do.

Behold, the colors I thought I was going to use for my Lady E. I ordered from KnitPicks and the colors are Lettuce (lighter green), Barn Red, Orange, Chocolate and Olive (darker green) in the Andean Silk yarn which is 55% Alpaca, 23% Silk & 22% Merino Wool.



I'm super excited to get started but I will need to exchange these fine colors for something that has colors through the skein. I have no idea what I was thinking. A bit over eager I guess. I will try to use this for something else or exchange for the yarn I want for this project.
I am thinking this will be a great project because it would take me a little while and if I got bored with it I could switch off with other projects.
Most people I have seen make this wrap like Jenn and Jessica have used yarn in a colorway that is several colors on a skein of yarn. That is what I am looking for.
Keep checking in to see how I progress!


No comments: