Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Totally Random Stuff - Link Love - Yadda, Yadda, Yadda

Thanks so much for the comments about how totally cute my Bon Jovi is! This is the first dog I have ever had and I am SO DARN LUCKY as he is actually the perfect dog. He's a total mama's boy and just loves to hang with me. All he wants is love and a warm side to snuggle up against. You can't ask for much more from a rescue. For those in the western Washington area, we found him through Ralph and Regina at Animals In Need. He was found living in a dumpster in Puerto Rico with his brother Bono. The German lady that rescued them named them - she must have a thing for male Rock Stars.

A friend of mine told me about this website called Exboyfriend Jewelry. A place where you can go and sell jewelry you were given by ex's. Their slogan, "You don't want it. He can't have it back". Here is my friends post.

I did a search for chocolate diamonds and no dice. Maybe they are still too new? Not that I need to buy anything right now anyway. I would totally wear this even though it is manufactured. I am not above the fake bling! There are even Chocolate cultured pearls. It's my new obsession really. All this talk about chocolate has made me hungry. What about this chocolate overkill? I think there are Strawberries hidden in there too.






So, now on to some link love which apparently I don't do often enough.....

Totally love Crazy Aunt Purl and all her ramblings! I own both of her books and she is so totally funny! I had to go back and start reading her entire blog which she started in 2005 (I'm on May 23rd BTW - some of it is stuff I read in her first book)! She is a knitter (it saved her life ya'll)who works for a large bank in LA as the creative director. I always wonder how creative you can be working at a bank. After all, I work in accounting and we can't be creative there. Thinking outside the box is like creating a really sweet spreadsheet with multiple tabs (linked together of course) and colored cells and formulas and cool stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I love me some excel but I digress. She has cats but I don't hold it against her (we have one too). Do go check her out. I am so totally going to make the fish she posted about today this weekend! Less lemoney since the hubs doesn't like lemon. I love lemon so manybe we will each get our own fish made special for us.

Another fave budding writer (can't WAIT for her book to come out!) is Crystal at Brunette on a Budget. She's a sweetie and her hubby is on the cusp of graduating from law school. Send her some good juju by popping on over, she had to move in a blizzard people! She's a dog lover too.

Of course, the hubs, who has decided we are gong to be watching a movie a night for the rest of the year as a new project for his blog. We actually have enough DVD's to watch one a night for more than a YEAR! Good thing we got that 50" flat panel last summer! Don't worry personal finance peeps, we paid cash. Just need to find a more comfy couch.

As much as I am obsessed with chocolate diamonds right now, I am also obsessed with writing - no finishing a book of my own. Must start writing every night. Ack! Would love some suggestions for more blogs to read in the writing arena.

Twitter - I don't get it. Mind you, I have never tweeted or even checked it out. I am on FB (Facebook) though I don't post my blog there. If you want to be my friend there just know that. Send me a message. I have a few friends from the blog workd on FB. I do wonder, isn't Twitter just like the news feed on FB? My friend who has an ETSY site just joined Twitter. She's the Seattle Knit Chick. Yummy scarfs she just knits up in no time at all.

So, I am now going to settle in with some red wine and my laptop and see what the heck happens the rest of the night.

4 comments:

The Dirty Scottish Bastard said...

Thanks for the Blog love, luv. Looking forward to those movie reviews. Can't wait to praise or shred some films and see how our taste has changed on them.

Cheers,
Chris; The KTA

Crystal said...

Aww, thank you for the kind words!! When I get my books published (whenever THAT will be) you'll get one of my signed first copies. ;D

I heard of that exboyfriend jewelry site -- isn't it hilarious? Don't know much about Aunt Perl but the little I've heard has been praiseworthy. I'll check her out!

paisley penguin said...

Crystal! Of course, I am dying to read it!

rissa said...

Great post. I sold my ring using www.EngagementRingCycling.com and sold it easily, after trying to sell it on ex-boyfriendjewelry.com unsuccessfully. Did your friend get her ring sold?