Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Updates

Last Friday we were able to put $42 of mad money in our savings account. Total for the month so far, $110 and we are only half way through. Also, we have spent right around $20 on coffee. Normally by this time of the month we would be closer to $100. Cutting our grocery budget in half has actually been pretty easy and that has allowed for more money available for extra debt payments and savings.

I accomplished a few things around the house this weekend that I had wanted to do for a while. I finally made an outfit I bought fabric for last summer and I seeded the bare spots in my backyard. Now I just have to vigilant with watering for the next couple weeks so the grass will grow. I had planned to plant my topsy turvey as I thought they provided you with seeds but you actually have to buy a plant so I still have to do that. I think Roma tomatoes - yum!

An interesting development in the world of personal finance. My parents have offered us a loan. I heard low interest and my husband heard no interest. In any event, we would still have the debt but we would save money in a minimum payment every month. Our credit score will go up and our debt to income ratio will go down. We will be able to take advantage of the low interest rates right now and refinance our condo to get out from under the interest only loan. We still plan on paying the loan off earlier than the five year agreement but this will first allow us to sock some money away in savings for emergencies which is something we have not had in a while.

They also offered us a week of their time share so we can finally take a honeymoon vacation next year. We plan on going somewhere warm and we think aside from airfare and car rental we should be able to be pretty frugal on the trip as we will have a condo with a kitchen to cook in.

Need to hustle after work all week to get ready for a yard sale this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great job saving on the coffee! Not an easy feat around here. :) You are doing great! Keep it up!