Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bag Of Tricks

I started my Lady Eleanore wrap about this time last year. It took me a few tries to get going as I had only been knitting a year with a few completed projects under my belt. I bought 15 skeins of Noro Kureyon 100% wool self striping yarn. The color is 213 which includes greens ranging from chartreuse to hunter, blues ranging from steel to navy and some neutrals of grey, brown and black.


I completed two more rows last night which took me from 8:00 to 11:30. Part of the reason it took me 3 1/2 hours was because I had not knit on it in so long I needed to refresh my memory. I also have a smaller "test" version that I knit when I get stuck so I don't ruin my real one. Once I remember how the particular rows are worked it went rather quickly.

Right now it's length is approximately four feet which is comprised of a row of base triangles and 18 tiers which is 36 rows. I am just over half way done. I need to complete 16 more tiers and a final row of base triangles.


I first saw the wrap on Jen's blog and found another example at Fig & Plum. The pattern is in the book Scarf Style by Pam Allen editor of Interweave Knits. If you Google "Lady Eleanore Blogs" you will find tons of other examples of people who have made and are making this wrap.

Even the back of it looks cool.


I have not knitted on this thing since last winter and thought I would get it out last night and have a go. I would like to actually complete it so I can snuggle in it this winter as my office is notoriously cold.

I am undecided if I will add the fringe at the edges. Of the two examples I have linked to one did (Fig & Plum) and one did not (Jen) and I like it either way. Sometimes fringe and I do not get along - it could be a hazard at work and get caught in the wheels of my desk chair.

Take the poll at the top of my blog and tell me what you think regarding fringe - definitely a must have or dangerously feminine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those colors and chose that I think it should have fringe. :)

Jen said...

Your Lady E is looking great!

Celtic Sprite Seeking Knowledge said...

Oh My God this is Incredible I have never seen knitting like this!! So cool!! WOW :)

paisley penguin said...

Thanks for all the comments. I'm really enjoying this and can't wait to complete it!

So far one vote for fringe. )