Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Organization

I attempt to be organized. I have systems in place that work perfectly fine for some parts of my life. I'm certain those systems could be further refined to ensure they take as little time as possible. I'm kind of anal when it comes to certain things - I like spreadsheets.

Recently I came across some fun electronic gadgets that I believe would assist with my organizational expectations.

The first item is the Intelli Scanner. This tool comes with software that enables you to scan anything in your home or business that has a barcode. Media (Books, DVD's, CD's, Games), Assests (Appliances, Electronics, etc.), Wine, Groceries (Create shopping lists, Track nutrition and Inventory what's in your pantry), Comics and more. You can access your information remotely as well. How is that for a home inventory?

The second item is the Neat Receipts Scanner. This tool also comes with software that enables you to scan your receipts and save them on your home computer. You can even upload the detailed information from each receipt in to whatever home budgeting software you use such as Quicken. How great is that to be able to track your expenses in detail as well as know how much sales tax you spent over the course of a given year for tax purposes.

Something that has been around for a while but I have yet to utilize is Quicken. This is software you can use for personal banking, track your investments, etc. I am budgeting to buy it soon.

1 comment:

Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

I saw a demonstration of the Neat Receipts scanner and it sure does look cool! If you have the discipline to do it every day, I think it would be a great solution. It's like magic--it can export to financial programs, it sorts the receipts by type of expense...and it's quite small and compact.