Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Name That Movie

I borrowed this blog idea from the Caffeinated Librarian who borrowed it from a blog she reads.
  • Pick 15 (or 5 or 26 or 80) of your favorite movies.
  • Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie (or quote them from memory because you are so badass).
  • Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
  • Fill in the film title once it's been guessed.
These are your rules....
  • No Googling or using IMDB search functions (Don't cheat!)
  • Leave your answere(s) in the comments
1. "What's this, another door"?
2. "He was kinda cute, for a sociopath....."
3. "Can you star 69 Italy?"
4. "Christmas is not "clothing optional" this year - we have a guest."
5. Give me a Jack on the rocks. It doesn't have a fancy name, but if it was good enough for Frank, it's good enough for me."
6. "No, Sean Connery is Monique's boyfriend! He may be three hundred years old, but he's still a stud!
7. "I need some peace and quiet... or whatever it is people go away for. "
8. "But I was hoping to meet a girl on the Australian trip! No, African war zone; ship of death!"
9. "I like anything fast enough to do something stupid in."
10. "You burn the picture after you get the assignment! It's the first thing you learn! Oh, I must have missed that day. Just like you missed the one about not marrying the enemy."
11. "
I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky..."
12. "
I'm sorry, Emily. I had to wait three hundred years for a virgin to light a candle."
13. "
Now look. There is nothing in the world to get uptight about. We are two summa cum laudes. We can handle one little baby for eight hours."
14. "
How would a little trip down the Nile suit you? There is nothing I would dislike more. There are two things in the world I can't abide: it's heat and heathens."
15. "
Damn, I hate being a foregone conclusion."

Another fun way to play this game is to do it via email. Post a quote in an email and the first person to choose the correct title of the movie (and character if you want) get's to go next.












2 comments:

Librarian Lee said...

ohhh I like this one - I might try it sometime. I'm enjoying your blog, thanks for sharing!

Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

I can't get any of them. I'm sure from your list of favs that we have some intersection, but I am drawing a blank...off to IMDB.

My DH was given a t-shirt with two stick figures. One says "Movie quote!" the other replies "Another movie quote". It's appropriate, considering he often does talk in movie quotes.