Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Decluttering

Tonight after getting home from work the hubby and I decluttered the vanity in our bathroom. I had already taken care of the medicine cabinet and drawers in the vanity a couple weeks ago and I am happy to report they are still organized after all of my efforts.

It is absolutely amazing how much stuff we threw out - not even fit for donation but TOSSED! Two plus grocery bags of stuff we were storing for no reason since we will never use it. It was a good feeling actually. Really, what family absolutely needs three containers of Aloe? We were finally able to get the Costco size bag of toilet paper - which we DO use - a storage place of it's own.

Looking around our bathroom (which is due for renovation this summer) we realized the artwork and a lot of the "stuff" in there was not really representative of us and how we want to live our lives. We took down a shelf, got rid of old towels and I convinced my hubby Star Wars models DO NOT belong in the bathroom. (The Star Wars stuff is a debate for another day and another post).

The next step for me is to gradually replace ALL of my makeup. It's old and I don't particularily care for the brand anymore. I'm not a big makeup wearer. I religously moisturize my face after getting out of the shower (first item to replace). My makeup routine is pretty easy, foundation, powder, eyes and some lipstick. I don't like blush, never have and can't be convinced I need to wear it.

All in all, we made some significant improvements and we didn't spend a dime. Our bathroom actually looks and feels bigger and I can find things!

1 comment:

Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

I don't buy makeup, I get it for free. How? My preferred moisturizer (which I use every day) is by Lancome. I watch for the 'gift with purchase' specials, and buy my next bottle at that time. I get a few free small sizes of new makeup to try. They have these about every 2-3 months, and since it takes me about that long to go through a bottle of moisturizer, it works out great.