Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy News To Report

So, we had a friend over last night for dinner who works in IT and diagnosed our computer woes. It was a double wammy. The brand new router we bought was bad. Kind of like a brand new faulty starter in a car. Also, our network card was indeed bad as well. We exchanged the router and our friend is getting us a network card today. Woo Hoo! Happy dance for no expensive computer repairs! It could almost be one of those priceless commercials!

This is day 11 of no Starbucks. I have 16 days left in the month and I am having a hard time keeping strong. I managed to get to work without going through the drive through but I know there is a Starbucks within walking distance. I have all these rationalizations going through my head like....
  • You could be like the Amish, they always leave one imperfection in all their handcrafted items because only God is perfect.
  • If I make it to 100% this month then I will have to do that every month and where is the challenge in that?
  • I tightened my belt a notch because I have lost 12 pounds. That is certainly deserving of a yummy coffee beverage to celebrate.
  • The hubs bought a coffee at work the other day (not Starbucks), I should be able to as well.
  • The hubs is going to buy our IT friend a coffee today (at Tully's) as payment for the network card, I should get one too.
  • I refrained from buying any Halloween decor items last weekend.

On and on ad nauseum. I have not updated my sidebar this morning to 40% which would reflect 11 days of no Starbucks. We shall see how the day progresses.

No comments: