Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Inspirations

The other day I was going through my house decluttering and came across my "tear sheets". I have been in the habit for the past twenty years to tear pages out of magazines of things I like. Clothing, recipies, decorated rooms, crafts, gardening ideas, whatever. Anyway, I had a stack of these pages that I finally organized. I pulled a bunch of clothing ones out and took some photos for inspiration.

This is a Ralph Lauren dress of camel colored herringbone cashmere and brown leather inspired by a horses saddle. Yum!

It would look great with these Adrienne Vittadini mules.

I have always loved the dress Nicole Kidman wore to the Oscars. The color was amazing and I think the choice of light blue shoes was perfect!

I love blue and brown together. This photo actually inspired me to make a similar skirt in red taffeta for a formal holiday party at my husbands work. I have worn it with a cashmere sweater and as pictured here with a white button down shirt and grey cashmere wrap.

This sweater looks so cozy and I love the detail on the hem of the jeans. As soon as I find some great ribbon I am going to do this.

Then I can pair them with a pair of shoes like the ones below (I actually have a pair).

Something about lounging around in velvet sweatpants styled like mens tuxedo pants - so decadent!

I think this next outfit would be great at a winter wedding. Something for the mother of the bride but of course not in white. Wouldn't want to upstage the bride!

There is something impossible about this outfit that I just love. From the see through top to the "bustle" on the pack of the pant.

1 comment:

Betty Boogie said...

All those are really Fun!!! I think Nicole Kidman always wears the most perfect things.