Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Fingers Are Cold

I needed a break from Lady E. I am still plowing away at her a couple tiers at a time but really needed some variety in my knitting. Also, I wanted a quick project that would give me a little bit of challenge.

I saw these Button Gloves on the cover of the Knit Picks catalogue a couple months ago and NEEDED to make them. The pattern is in the book Not Just More Socks by Sandi Rosner. My Knit Picks order arrived earlier this week and I cast on right away. I'm using Felici Superwash (Merino and Nylon) self-striping yarn in the Firefighter colorway. It's super soft and I can't wait to try these babies on!


Below is a detail of what I have done so far. The photo isn't great but you start with about an inch of seed stitch and then stockinet. The seed stitch is on the edging at the cuff and also the band where you button up the gloves at the wrist.

No comments: