Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dream House: Part I - Entry

I was inpired by a recent post at La Mason Boheme the other day; collaging her dream home. I love the internet and all the eye candy of things you can find. I have been collecting imagines to inspire my current and future homes that I keep in a file on my computer. In viewing the photos I have come across several themes.

  • Natural fabrics - linen, leather, velvet, cotton, burlap, muslin
  • Neutral colors - grey, chocolate, khaki, cream
  • Colorfull accents - peacock blue eggplant, burnt orange, chartreuse
  • Natural elements - metal, wood, mother of pearl, copper, brick, marble, silver, plants
  • Ephmera - globes, letters, travel, books, film, sewing, gears, clocks, symbols
A lot of the photos are bare bones, somtimes messy and casual if not slightly tatty (that word sounds so English). Industrial, repurposed mixed with comfortably worn elegant fabrics. A very bohemian, eclectic vibe.

Let's take a virtual tour shall we? Please take note I have tried to note all sources but don't have them all. If you happen to see a photo and know the source, please send me a message in the comments and I will update.


My ideal space would be in a converted warehouse with high ceilings, exposed ductworks and beams with a brick wall here and there. Three main rooms (one outside) with some extensions here and there. Lots of cozy nooks and corners carved out of larger spaces. I'd settle for an old villa in Tuscany or a tree house as well.


The entry is really not a seperate space but a wide hall area seperated from the main great room space by a large archway and pillars. The space below represents my vision. I love the staircase as long as access to my space is not as easy as walking in the front door.



Having problems finding the source.

Hanging in the center of the entry is this electric chandelier.


source


A chair or two for taking off muddy or rain soaked boots.



A campaigne table for resting your purse, keys, mail and charging your phone.


A tray with chocolate colored glass covered by iron fencing to let them shooes/boots drip dry.










source



A mirror to check your lipstick one last time before leaving the house with hooks for outter wear, purses, etc.


source



Luggage for storing mitten, gloves and scarfs.



Metal dress form to hang items from.



More to come tomorrow.

No comments: