Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Summer Camp

I was talking to a co-worker today about summer camp. She was saying she wanted to send her daughter to one this summer. Wow, does that bring back memories.

I have not thought about summer camp in a long time. Remember the Parent Trap - the original without Lindsay Lohan? Summer camp was kind of like that for me. It was Girl Scout camp and I was gone an entire week. I was in the group of oldest kids so we got to be on the complete opposite side of the lake from the main cabin and we were allowed to keep canoes tied up at our dock because it was faster to get across the lake.

We had tons of fun that entire week. We did all sorts of crafts, swam every day, TP'd other campers cabins, put our counselors tent out on the boat dock. Oh yes we did.

The second summer I went to camp I had a broken hand and it was in a cast. That did not stop me from taping a plastic bag around it every day to go swimming.

Did you go to summer camp?

Some day I would love to go here and experience my summer of camp all over again.

No comments: