Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions vs Openness

I don't typically like the term "New Years Resolution". This usually reminds me of all of the things I had on my list last year that didn't get accomplished.

This year, things feel different. It's not that I am making resolutions. I am excited about 2008. I feel much more open to good things coming in to my life. I have been proactive in the last few days of this year to plan for some of those things that will not only make my life less complicated but let me truly live the life I want for me.

In recent months I have shed some heavy burdens in the form of unhealthy people in my life. It's sad and hard because these people I am related to (by marriage). I do hope eventually there is a reconciliation of some kind. I do know that I will never lower my standards and accept less than what I am worth again.

I have a renewed sense of purpose and drive that was lacking in all of 2007. I don't even necessarily think it has to do with the turning of a new year. Just that I finally feel in the right place at the right time. The stars are aligning and it's looking really darn good!

To all of you I hope the new year brings with it your right place and right tiime. Be safe and happy new year!

No comments: