Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Loft of My Dreams

Today is my first day of Holiday and the hubs and I spent it doing a little shopping preparation for our trip tomorrow. While browsing in the magazine section of Borders I saw yummy Gerard Butler on the front of one of my favorite magazines, Architectural Digest. His loft in the Chelsea area of New York is TO DIE FOR!

People, this is EXACTLY how I would do a loft if I was ever lucky enough to find the right space.

Picture exposed beams, 15' ceilings, original wooden floors, palms and large plants, leather and luxurious fabrics covered cushy chairs and couches, textured walls that look like old plaster. And the theater! One of my favorite things about it is the three different chandeliers over the dining table hung at different heights and his kitchen cabinets are made from old flooring.

It took him four years and instead of using an interior designer he teamed up with production designer, Elvis Restaino to create the interiors. They definately have drama that is for certain!

If you get a chance, do check out the May 2010 issue of Architectural Digest. There are articles in there of Trey Parkers Japanese inspired home in Colorado, Sting and wife, Trudies London town house, Robert Zemeckis and his wifes villa in Tuscany. Total eye candy for the decorating enthusiast!

No comments: